From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Cindy Collins
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2004 8:52 PM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] re: President's Cup

While it may be amazing to some people, there are others of us that think
this is NOT our sport and wonder how they'd do on rides like Tevis or the
Big Horn???  Just like our National Championships, I prefer "endurance" to
be over courses that generally take 12-13 hours to complete by the top
riders.  Cindy

The whole ride experience can be very hard, and at times you question why
you put yourself through such abuse. But then you remember all those
moments when you pop up over a hill and are suddenly surrounded by the most
stunning views.  It's just you and your horse and for a moment time stops
and you can hear the angels sing.  Therein lies the addiction, at least for
me.
~  Leslie Beyers

Arabians were bred for years primarily as a war horse and those
requirements are similar to what we do today with endurance riding.
~  Homer Saferwiffle