Re: [RC] [RC] Combo Care - Laurie Durgin

Funny, we who have or may have EPM horses are warned not to use Ivermectin or Quest for a year at least, as there is lots of anecedotal evidence and some vet. evidence that it causes a "worsening or relapse of neuro. symptoms".
I just hope the pancur I have been using for the last 6 months will be ok, till I can use something else on Rascal. I risk worms or neuro symptoms , hmmm, hard decision. 3.5 acres, 3 horses, regular worming for years. Been thinking about what to do as I don't want worm damage either, he has recovered well, but won't know fully till this spring.I was good about scrapping the bots off him this fall and keepting him sprayed. Laurie

An overdose of ivermectin, strongid, or pancur causes problems
such as neurological problems which go away with treatment.
Ivermectin is safe to about 100x dosage.  Strongid and pancur
are safe to upwards of 300 - 500 x dosage.

An overdose of quest, 5x I believe is an overdose, causes death.
In anycase, use any of the above properly.

Kathy Myers
in Santa Fe, NM
... still working late here...

Stay informed on Election 2004 and the race to Super Tuesday. http://special.msn.com/msn/election2004.armx

Why should I look good if I don`t smell good? ~ author unknown