Re: [RC] JRT Puppies - heidi

Actually shipped semen isn't a
big thing yet.  Although there have been a few really nice litters from
frozen semen of dogs long gone.

Huh.  Coulda fooled me.  Many owners of stud dogs ship semen all over the
place, and many vet clinics are set up to collect semen for owners that
aren't set up to do it themselves.  My almost-10-year-old male Mastiff is
the result of a shipped semen litter, and even back then, that was about
the only way to breed to his sire--who was shown to #4 in the country by
his breeder/owner, and wasn't from a "name" kennel.  It was a lot easier
for the man to ship semen than to accommodate outside bitches at his home.
Likewise, the "big" breeders collect and ship semen at the drop of a hat.

Heidi

Common sense should also be a part of the decision making process. If
you see someone who doesn't have any, hand them your tool box.
~ Lisa Salas - The Odd Farm ~