[RC] horse names...and nicknames - Ed Kilpatrick

howard,   i would have sworn your horse's name was WHOADAMMIT!!!  :-)
most of our horses have their registered name, and some kind of nickname.  like, MWA, (mare with attitude), precious, or hotpants.    then any horses that come here for training get nicknames too, like kashmir, who is now rusty(three year old that is graying out).  that is one of the nice ones,  i cant even remember mulehead's real name.
our outfitter on the trip out west told us of a horse in their dude string that didnt have a name.  while they were out on a ride, the horse scratched his eye on a tree limb, so they had to cover the eye with something to protect it.  the only thing they had of course, was duct tape, so if i go back out there, i might just get to ride old "duct tape"!   then there was one they called "36".  my friend bill wanted to know why they called him "36", so the outfitter said, "here, try him out and see how you like him."   bill climbed aboard, and old "36" took off, bucking and jumping, and dumped bill off in a ditch.   the outfitter just burst out laughing, and said, "well,  i reckon we're gonna have to change his name to "37"!     ed