[RC] JRT's - JOLYNN MAYNARD

I also have a 11 lb JRT that stand about 10 inches at the shoulders.  Her
mom was a short legged JRT and her father a long legged JRT and mine is a
combination.  Her body is more like the long legged but she has short
"straight" legs.  She was very agressive as a pup and my arms would be
dripping blood while I was out weeding my garden and I finally had had
enough and slapped her about 3 feet and she has never bit hard again.  She
is 7 now and still very playful, a tremendous traveling companion and
riding partner.  She routinely goes riding with me on training rides and
just lives to go with me on the horses.  The only time I have to be
careful is when it starts to warm up, I let her go with me on a summer
evening ride and she got heat stroke I guess and can't take much heat
anymore.  And yes, I believe it does take commitment to own a JRT and yes
she was hard to train at first and yes she will take on a great dane if it
is there but she has learned manners and behaves very well.  She to will
chase cats if they run but doesn't know what to do if the stop.  She is a
very good mouser and loves to hunt gophers and she is very good around the
horses or vehicles.  I wouldn't take anything for her!  If you are willing
to put in the extra time they are great companions.  I also believe she is
mild tempered because she gets so much excercise, they have to have
excercise, lots of it.

Jolynn