[RC] OT. JRT'S - Jenna Pywell

when we first moved to the states from S.E Asia in 2001, we had bought our 3rd JRT 3 weeks before we found out we were moving. After going back and forth on what we should do we all decided it was only fair to bring him with us (my dad was already way too attached). When we bought him we knew he was a typical JRT. After all, he was the runt and had to be seperated from his brother and sisters because he wouldn't stop beating them up (this was at 4/5 weeks!). So Maximus arrived in Houston 2 weeks before us and we had him in a kennel, when we arrived teh lady who had been looking after him said he was an absolute terror and anyone who had never owned one before would have put him in the JRT rescue immediately. This made us laugh, as not one of us had any intentions of giving him away, we flew him from singapore he was staying with us. Luckily i have the most diligent mother in the world and admittedly it has not been easy but after keeping on him till he does what he is told, we have come out with possibly teh most loved animal we own. he LOVES children, will swim all day in summer, and loves to curl up in bed under the covers with whoever is willing! He is very macho, and certainly has a personality, he has to be on the invisible electronic fencing as if he made it to the front MAKE NO MISTAKE he would never be back! alot of them just have the instinct i think...however, he obeys his dogwatch and wont even go near his zones when his collar is off thesedays (he has only jumped it twice, 1 time was for a kid he wanted to play with and the other was for a cat!). He also goes to the bathroom in a litter tray (he learn't this at 7 weeks old). He is smart as a whip (this is often their problem i find). Anyway i guess the point i am trying to make is that JRT's are not for teh weak hearted, they can become WONDERFUL companions who are very intelligent  but involve alot of hard work...they can be attention-seekers, and can be very needy so BE PREPARED, if you are chances are you will never own another breed again! thanks, jenna.
P.S Max is currently looking for a girlfriend, anyone who thinks they might be interested email me privately. : )

...I got me some horses to ride on, to ride on...they say that my demons can't go there, so i got me some horses to ride on, to ride on...(Tori Amos)

poisonousdwarf@xxxxxxxxx
*** Jenna ***

BT Yahoo! Broadband - Free modem offer, sign up online today and save £80