Re: [RC] OT Jack Russell Terrier - Suzi Maiorisi

Just took a friend's JR to the ER vet a week ago while on a week long trail ride to the San Antonio Stock Show.  He jumped out of her camper about the time that 100 or so horses and wagons arrived in camp and promptly got nailed by a neighbor's horse..He's fine, but minus a few bones in his left sinus after surgery.  Luckily the sinus caved in but no damage was done to the brain or the eye and he's fine now.  Cute, cute dogs but...a little hyper and small for me...
Suzi and Holly and Chloe the Great Dane.

----- Original Message -----
From: Maryanne Stroud Gabbani
Sent: Saturday, February 14, 2004 11:54 AM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC] OT Jack Russell Terrier

I raise Rat Terriers and they tend to be much more mellow than Jack
Russells.  Mine get along great with animals and are good ratters.
There are two body types among both breeds, a short-legged and a
long-legged version.  My experience is that the short-legged dogs have
a tendency to be more aggressive and hyper.  They are very cute but a
bit annoying. The taller ones are more easy going.

Maryanne
Cairo