[RC] Hey Karen - how are the Boa boots? - DreamWeaver

I need more time :+o I've had the chance to try them on all three of my horses so far. They all seem to move well in them, at least I have not noticed any change in gait or movement, and they have not felt clumsy or trippy in them, we can trot from dirt to pavement and back without a change in stride or in the feel of momentum or smoothness of gait. I have enjoyed being able to ride around the neighborhood on pavement with the Boa Boots, rather than try and slip and slide thru the mud and snow on the trail some days. Now granted, my horses were pretty used to going in easyboots and very sure footed in any kind of footing with them, so taking to these was probably not much of a stretch for them. They have been ridden in the mud, snow, ice and slick pavement with them and have not slipped at all, and if they were to be ridden over the same country with metal shoes they would have slipped. The one horse I have got that has not been as successful with being ridden in easyboots seems to move well with the Boa Boots, at least he has not tripped or stumbled in them like he has done with easyboots so I think that for him if I need to put something on to replace a lost shoe, or keep one from coming completely off, I will definitely use a Boa Boot. On the other horses, I am not sure, they feel right at home with a regular easyboot. However, since I've gone and changed their basic hoofwear from metal shoes to plastic shoes, it may be that using Boa Boots in some instances will be what they need. Like I said, I need more time! I think it'll probably take a year trying stuff like this out to really know how well it works for each horse. There are a lot of things about the Boa Boots that I really like and hope to see implemented in the easyboot of the future :+). The boots do fit each horse differently, of the two horses I have that take a size 2 easyboot, one of them takes a size 2 Boa Boot, and the other a size 1 Boa Boot. You have to remember to measure more than just the width of the hoof to get a correct fit. I'll bring them to 20 Mule Team if anybody wants to see them.

Karen
in NV