[RC] Colic question - Thanks - Wendy Mancini

    Thanks to all who replied.  Basically, you confirmed my thoughts - most likely not enough water.  And, yes I've got tons of beetpulp for my endurance horses & Rhett certainly could start getting some.  Also, my thought, just add a little salt, not necessary to go full out with "electrolytes".
    Checked for sand, & I check all several times a year - No sand.  Considered the possibility of ulcers.  Rhett isn't mine, my barn is a co-op of 3 owners - I'm sort of the unofficial manager since I've been there the longest .  So I'll be passing on all the suggestions.  Rhett does get regular exercise although we've had a lot of icy junk on the ground & they haven't been on trail & not moving around as much in pasture.
    So, we'll do the worming & hopefully come up with the right mix of feed, wet beet pulp, & a little salt that he'll be fine.  Three of the other horses have been there 10 yrs, same hay, same pasture, etc. & no colic.