[RC] cute mare story - Kathie Ford

Hi all,really enjoying all this gender talk!

Anyway, I just had a funny cute story to tell about one of my mares from the other day.

My daughter and I were going to Folsom for a nice ride.  Wasn't sure who I was gonna take at first but decided to take my newest mare Tawny, and my daughter took Tawny's mom Dolly.  They look like sisters!  So cute.

Anyway, I left my my arab/pinto Cira at home that day.  She thought for sure she was going and decided to make things hard (even though I knew I wouldn't take her). Sometimes she comes right up to be caught and sometimes she likes to play a game and run around a little before I catch her.  I don't chase her as she expects to her dismay sometimes! hehe...

Well off she trotted to the bottom of the pasture and was peeking thru my pine trees watching intently until we were to load up the chosen ones!  When we finally took out Tawny and Dolly Cira ran up closer and peered between two trees with the most perplexed look!  It was pretty funny.  As we closed the gate and walked towards the trailer she was already at the fence saying "hey!"  I'm right here!!  Didn't you forget someone!!!???  Her _expression_ was desperate and her ears pricked very forward with a wrinkle over her eye!!

LOL...

Anyway off we went!  And I purposely drove extra slow down the long driveway! Out of the four horses left she was the only one who followed to the bottom with a very confused _expression_!  She watched and called out as she watched us leave.

At first I thought she missed her friends.  But she is really not too bonded with them.

But when I got home, hours later...there she was at the bottom of the pasture waiting! I could hear her calling out as we drove up the street!  (she has a very husky and distinctive whinny).  My husband came out to greet us and was laughing...I asked him what was so funny...then he laughed again and said the only time Cira came back up to the top of the pasture was for a bit of food!  She had been at the bottom by the fence watching the driveway all day!!!

And the icing on the cake so to speak was that when we unloaded and put the other two away, she was right there at the gate almost certain we'd take her out!  LOL..

Even funnier was as I put Tawny in I had to "gesture" to Cira to move a little to allow Tawny space to come in.  Cira walked over to our other pasture gate and pouted!

I said to her okay, okay..your turn and I got her halter and she was at the gate in a flash!  Yes!  I'm going somewhere!! lol...at the tie rail she looked so proud and perky!  Ears up, eyes bright..."I'm going..I'm going!!"

We couldn't deny her!!!! My daughter took her out for a ride and she was VERY content!!

Hope nobody minds this story...I just thought it was cute...reverse psycology for horses!! LOL!

kathie