[RC] [RC] Michigan Rides too close together - Deanna German

Some suggestions:
1.) Thank your lucky stars that you are blessed with the trails and the RM's
to accommodate so many endurance rides close by. :-))))
2.) Pick and choose if you have to. My guess is that those who do back to
back weekends have more than one horse, they have an extremely fit horse or
they take their time. Or they do a longer distance one weekend and a shorter
the next (or vice versa).

I think it's great to have so many choices! In Ohio we have 2 endurance
rides *all season* because many of our trails (or campsites) aren't
conducive to endurance and because only one or two RM's step up to put a
ride on. I'm worried that one RM in particular is going to become weary soon
since, by putting on rides, she guarantees herself a long haul to anything
she can ride in herself.

Don't fret about it, get to the rides you can and have fun. I notice that
UMECRA CTR has a pretty full schedule up there too and I think that's great.

Deanna

Kari wrote:
I have been plotting out my ride calendar for this season and found some
rides are scheduled 2 weekends in a row. In May, the first weekend is White
River Spring the second is Little Manistee. In June the weekend after White
River Summer is Hopkins Creek. I like these rides that are close to home (we
live in west Michigan) but think it would be asking too much of my horse to
do back to back weekends. Is this just a mix up on the AERC website or are
these rides already scheduled on those dates, anyone have an idea?