Re: [RC] weirdest pet at a ride - MtnRondi

In a message dated 2/5/2004 9:07:25 PM Pacific Standard Time, karen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
What is the strangest pet you have ever taken to a ride?

Well, we didn't take it but we brought it home. About 15 to 20 years ago we were at an NATRC ride and my son, who was about 19 or 20 at the time, was riding. He was crossing the creek into camp at the end of the day. He looked down and saw a young King snake in the water. He jumped off his horse, caught the snake, and carried it back to camp. You have to understand that he loves herpetology. The snake went into a pillow case and spent the rest of the weekend with us in the motorhome. The snake went to UC Davis and through vet school (along with two geckos) and back home and he STILL has that snake and his children now love snakes and crawly things.

Bonnie
So. Calif.