[RC] Bucking Horse - Wendy Mancini

    Well, I'm not sure if this is the proper way of doing it but it worked for me, twice.
    My first horse decided to start bucking at the canter about a month after we got her.  This was a probelm.  So, we put a western saddle on her, took her out to an open field, I got on and galloped out full.  Every time she bucked, I wacked (oh no another wacko) he on the rump with the crop.  After that, she never did it again.  Lived to be 32 & was a great trail horse.
    Second - My friend bought Old Meadow Jim.  About a month later, Jim bucked him off & my friend broke his hip.  Jim was then mine.  Again, got on & just went galloping & bucking across the fields.  After that day, he's never bucked again.  Both my daughters ride him also.  He's turning 21 this year but still thinks he's a 5 yo.
    Remember though, saddle fit, saddle placement, tight girths, crooked riding, wrong bit, sore back can also prompt  a buck.  Check all those things first.
    Good luck,
    Wendy Mancini

Ashley wrote:

hey all...i have this morgan gelding whom i want to
ride for endurance.  most of the time he's a big teddy
bear but about a year ago he decided to buck my mum
off and no one's been on him since.  how do i go about
retraining him?