[RC] truck campers and RV's - Alice Yovich

we visited the local RV show a few weeks ago and looked at motor homes and truck campers to get an idea of what we'd like to buy given time and all the money we desire to make said purchase.

I found an RV that was built on a van chassis and had a Mercedes Benz motor and got 22 MPG and had 5000 pound towing capacity in addition. It was, of course, 60K.

I was amazed how many RV's didn't have enough engine power to pull a trailer along with the Rv itself.

the thing I found that may actually be doable sooner than later was from a company called aliner.  They have a very light (only 450-500) truck camper that is designed to even go on the back of smaller pick ups. they are actually designed for a short bed, which is what I have. I only have an F150, but I'm sure my next truck will be bigger. Even so, it was cool to find something that wouldn't totally max out my truck if I wanted it sooner than later for camping without horses (my husband swears it fun, but I don't know why one would do it)  anyway, check them out. they are at www.aliner.com
Alice Yovich,
NATRC Reg. 4, Texas
www.equi-threads.com