[RC] scratches - KKMoonshadowrnch

In a message dated 2/4/04 8:42:59 AM Pacific Standard Time, ridecamp-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Does anyone out there have a wonder cure for Scratches.  I am using
Shapleys MTG from Jeffers.  Seems to be helping but would like a faster =
cure
for this nasty stuff.  I have tried Micro Tek and Destin before and it =
does
not seem to help any better.  Help!

I had a TB mare that I could never get her scratches ever totally cleared up.  if I treated her every day I could keep them under control was best I ever got.  Few weeks before I sold her I had someone recommend this, I think it was on the Internet.  Worked the best of anything, but I sold her and never saw the final outcome.  First clip as much hair as possible.  Coat the area with full strength Selsun Blue Dandruff shampoo.  Then clean that off and remove as much of the crusty growths as possible.  Then dry and apply women's vaginal antifungal ointment that you can get over the counter at the grocery store.  Repeat daily till gone.  Did the best job of anything, better even than the sauerkraut (which also worked pretty well. Better than anything the vet ever sold me).  Good Luck, Kathy & Nick