Re: [RC] Scratches - Susan Young

They hurt like a big dog!  They make these scabs on the back of the pasterns...sensistive skin.

The horse will walk fine (well, in my experience) but will be lame with weight on his back.

I walked Charlie Brown 25 miles off a mountain in Timberon, NM.  It was after the vet check on Day 5.  We'd finished the first 4 days and there was NO way I was quitting!!!  Tribbly caught up to us and we came in together.  Funnest ride I've done so far.

Elkenchild@xxxxxxx wrote:
Is scratches detrimental to performance, or can you still ride with them?

Laura
"Drop kick me Jesus, through the goal posts of life."

Susan [Young], The Princess of Pink
Semper Obliquo (Always aside)

Glenndale Grace Farm, Ft Gibson, Oklahoma U.S.A.

"Ride on! Rough-shod if need be, smooth-shod if that will do, but ride on! Ride on over all obstacles, and win the race!" - Charles Dickens (1812-1870)