From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Annie George
Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2004 6:15 AM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] SW Sanctioning conflict

 As a SW member, I think a reasonable solution to the problem of conflict of interest in sanctioning, among other things,  would be that the sanctioning director NOT be a regional director OR a  ride manager. I think there would be plennty of perfectly capable, qualified and knowing willing people that would do the sanctioning job that did not want to be either a regional director or ride manager. Thus an end to the conflict. And an effective end to anyone person having even the appearance of to much influence or power.  I see no reason why this could not be quickly and effectively instituted if the majority of the BOD is indeed interested in fairness.  I have long be concerned with some of the direction of AERC and this is one problem that could easily be solved.  Anne George
Anne George Saddlery  www.vtc.net/~ageorge