[RC] Dually or not??? - Sue Brown

We’re in the process off getting a new truck (thought we found what we wanted in Oregon but it had just been sold) so we’re waiting to see what the scouts come up with this week.  So far we’re clear on most of the criteria (1 ton, crew cab, long bed, turbo diesel) but we keep waffling on the dually or not question.  The truck in Oregon was a dually and we have been leaning that way -- but since we have a little more time, we’d really like to know if we’re going overboard and two wheels in the back would be sufficient.

We haven’t owned one before so we’re interested in the list wisdom of the pros and cons of getting a dually.  We do anticipate, sometime in the future (not right away however), getting a 5th wheel trailer but will probably not go the cab-over camper route...altho you never know!!

Any thoughts on this?  Please reply directly to my email address since I’m my usual many digests behind in my reading!  Thanks.

Sue

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"

                      [unknown]

Sue Brown

Marysville, Wa.

suebrown1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx