Re: [RC] White feet - Beth Gunn

What breed/cross? is Jake?  My horses with white feet have ermine spots so hoofs are actually striped, too.  I do agree about the scratches affecting white lower legs more often but I do see it once in a while on black leg.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, February 01, 2004 2:40 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] White feet

You will hear a lot of pros and cons.  My mare has 4 white feet and Jake has white or striped feet.  Jake is not even an arab and has done 16 50 milers since he started about 3 years ago.  He has one pull for lame, RO, but that is not true.  He had already passed the vet check when I noticed he was missing a shoe and then I realized I had missed a loop so I elected to RO....He never took a lame step....mb