Sent: Sunday, December 26, 2004 6:20 PM
Subject: [RC] Christmas present

> I'd love to hear of some of your gifts from spouses, at least
> horse-related ones.

Three flat backed buckets,

Book: "Basic Training of the Young Horse" by Reiner Klimke (this was a
nice thought on Bill's part. I had asked him to check the book back out
at the library when I didn't get it finished and he decided if it was
worth checking back out I must need it :-)

2 pairs Work gloves

A carbon monoxide alarm for the trailer.

2 pairs of wire cutters. When a neighbor's horse was caught in their
fence and I couldn't find any wire cutters I decided I want one pair that
never leaves a spot on the wall like a fire extinguisher. The other pair
is for using.

It was a good Christmas...one of my "gifts"...is that my house smells
like a dead rat right now. :-P  We've had a stupid rat getting in the dog
food, bird feed, attic...etc. It was darned good at avoiding traps. We
finally broke down and put poison out in the attic and he chose to die in
a place where it smells up my bedroom most. This thing had never gotten
into the house exactly, but it was making me miserable so I am determined
to be cheerful as we burn festive scented candles over the faintly
lingering smell of a rat. :-P

Angie