[RC] re: at last -- relief from abcess - LTYearwood

Hi Jonni,

I just want to respond to your message:

"with the abscess working on two weeks,
and not showing improvement, I wonder if it was just finally "time" for it
to release the pressure and give the horse relief. Two weeks is a pretty
long time to have a horse real lame from an abscess..."

You defintely have a point! The thing is, I don't believe I'm dealing with just the abcess anymore. I should have been clearer about that in my post. I believe I'm dealing with the pain from the holes the vet dug into Sunny's hoof. When they went to drain the abcess, they dug pretty deep, into the corium and everything. So he's exposed and it's painful for him. So he has that, and an abcess. The abcess, judging from the x-rays, is pretty big. I'm not sure if we're over that completely or not.

I'm just grateful there is finally some pain managment to this.

Lori