[RC] Kids vs. Adults - Teri Hunter

I have been riding in the SE region for sometime now.  I have not noticed
any unsupervised children at all.  If there is a child in camp they have
been very closely supervised at their camp spot.  The kids that ride or crew
from what I have seen are very responsible youngn's.  They are very
courteous and helpful to all.  I don't think the danger in the SE stems from
children, from what I see it stems from Adults.  I rode a ride last weekend
that is put on by some of the best ride managers and have the greatest vets.
What I saw was very RUDE riders.  We need to bring the ride ETIQUETTE back
into the ride meetings.  99% of the riders have etiquette but it only takes
that 1% to really make you mad.

1.  When you come up on riders acknowledge that you are coming up and which
side you plan on passing.  We were on a trail that had no where to go except
into the brush and we had riders running up (and I do mean running) behind
us so fast that we had to run our horses (which carried a red ribbon in the
tail) into the brush so we were not run over.  They did not say a word what
so ever.

2.  If horses are at a water stop don't run through the water.  I was in
total disbelief at this one.

This last ride there were a few people hurt from people who were on horses
they could not control and would run up on the back of a horse to get them
to stop.... How dangerous is that.

Where did the educate go?

Teri Hunter