[RC] Break-ins & thefts at Auburn Overlook, Rattlesnake Bar & Sterling Point - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Lauretta tikitiki69@xxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

As one of the people whose vehicle was broken into this last weekend, I can not
stress enough to NOT leave anything in your car AT ALL.  The crooks punctured
my side passenger door with a round tool (possibly slim jim or screwdriver) and
w/o any additional scratches or marks opened the lock.  The police said it was
a pro job.  We dusted for prints, and verified they were wearing gloves.  They
also cracked my windshield.  My purse was completely out of sight shoved under
a seat and covered in a flannel coat; you could not see it from the outside.
They stole this and a toolbox.  I did see three people just sitting in a small
blue station wagon (looked like a Volvo) and just watching everyone pull up.
They walked real slow past my rig twice as I was getting ready to ride, then
would walk right back to their car and get back in.  They were not dressed for
jogging, walking, etc, and would just SIT and watch everyone.  I thought they
were acting a little strange, but HEY, it was a park and who was I to tell
someone what they could do there?/ They may not be associated w/ the thefts at
all, but they were sitting there a good hour before we left and were still
sitting there just LOOKING at everyone come and go as we were riding out.  I
guess I thought they were just watching the horses.  Anyway, if anyone sees
them, you may just want to jot down their license in case you come back and
your rig is broken into.  You can contact Officer Hardesty at the Auburn Police
Dept (he took my report) at 530-823-4237.