[RC] [RC] Runny Eyes - RHightshoe - sherman

Our vet concluded that it was a blocked nasal passage that was causing the discharge from the eye.  We were told many horses have this condition?!?!?!?
I have an older mare with this problem. Just a couple of weeks ago as I was tacking her up to ride, I noticed a gob of mucous coming from one of her nostrils. She had no other symptoms of anything wrong with her and was energetic, clear-eyed, etc. I talked to a vet about her mucous drainage, and also mentioned her chronic eye problem. He said probably should unplug the tear ducts. However, since that one mucous discharge, there has been no eye weeping, so I wondered if the nasal passage had drained itself & cleared up the eye problem. There has been no further mucous dischage. What do you think?

Kathy