Re: [RC] Star Thistle - Magnumsmom

Erick,

A horse has to eat about his weight in Yellow Star Thistle to become
poisoned.  Then the part of the brain which controls the horse's ability
to eat is destroyed.  This is irreversable.  It's heartbreaking to see a
poisoned hungry horse who can no longer eat or chew... just stand
there hungry and drool.  Again, there's nothing to do then but put the
horse down (or let him starve).  Don't let your Astros eat it.

Kathy Myers
in Santa Fe, NM
My old TB would eat star thistle.  That's why I initially moved him off
his boarding pasture the year the star thistle was so bad.  I found a
"bear" of honey I'd picked up years earlier at a road side stand in
the cupboard... it said "Yellow Star Thistle Honey".  I threw it out just
on the princple of the thing.  Yellow star thistle is an evil weed.