Re: [RC] AERC Hoof study anyone-Photographers, vets ....?? - Truman Prevatt

Laurie,

This is a great ideal. If every one with a horse with over 1000 miles would take digital photos of each foot and describe how they are trimed and shod (of if barefoot how they are trimmed and if they use boots). The description including angles and length of the tip of the to from the frog would be quite instructive. It would be nice to actually see what is working and if there were any trends in that rather than talking it to death.

The of course someone would have to be willing to go through and look for patterns. But I would think that would make a nice project for a vet student.

Truman

Laurie Durgin wrote:
  What would be interesting and informative would be Photographs done on seasoned , 1000 mile +  horses , at rides maybe? Of their feet, I already look at their comformation--- (although , say, what about comformation with hoof pictures)
  Either riders could take pictures of their horses feet and maybe before and after pictures of their farriers / tirmmers work---
  And/ or a picture study of horses feet at rides of loooong lasting horses feet.

--
“Fragile as reason is and limited as law is as the institutionalised medium of reason, that's all we have between us and the t

“Fragile as reason is and limited as law is as the institutionalised medium of reason, that's all we have between us and the tyranny of mere will and the cruelty of unbridled, undisciplined feelings.”  Felix Frankfurter