Re: [RC] Truck bed/trailer width - Cynthia Eyler

As long as the trailer nose is tapered, you can safely make tight turns (that is, jackknife the trailer) with a short-bed truck.

When I bought my first truck and trailer earlier this year, I really wanted a short-bed because I needed an extended cab for my dog but I live in the city and need to use the truck for local running about.  I was told that so long as I got a tapered nose trailer (I bought a Featherlite) it would work just fine.  And it has.

Cindy