Re: [RC] Kids, ponies and distance riding... - Sisu West Ranch

"...just not allowing ponying another horse & rider...."

This most likely unnecessary rule can have some negative consequences.

 I was at a ride where an experienced, adult rider fell from her horse about 2 miles from the finish.  She was taken to the camp and checked out.  Aside from a mild concussion and a couple of cracked ribs she was OK.  Her friends took her and her horse out to the place, put her on the horse and carefully led (ponying from the ground not  horse) her to the finish so she could get her completion before she went for a more complete exam.

This would not be possible under a no pony rule, or at a CTR (but that is another story)
Ed

PS I know it was not a wise thing for her to do, but she did do it.

Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875

(406) 642-9640