Re: [RC] Kids, ponies and distance riding... Get a grip people - Susan, Princess of Pink

THAT'S the truth, Jonni!!  I teach and SO agree with your last statement.  I've seen a parent riding endurance in the 1980's with her small child and totally disagreed with what she was doing.  It all worked out for the best in the long run and FORTUNATELY the child lived through it all and is still competiting.

Daddy always says you can't legislate morals or good judgement.  I think we as ride management and fellow riders would have more power over a specific situation than AERC would.  For example, if ride management felt a parent was endangering a child, ride management could pull the parent from competition for causing a dangerous enviornment for the other riders (ie the child).

Jonni <jonnij@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
But do you really, truly, think that EVERY parent, makes the best choices, and does
what is "best" for their child??? If that was the fact, there would not be
child welfare services. Some parents just shouldn't be parents.......

Susan [Young], The Princess of Pink
Semper Obliquo (Always aside)

Glenndale Grace Farm, Ft Gibson, Oklahoma U.S.A.

"Ride on! Rough-shod if need be, smooth-shod if that will do, but ride on! Ride on over all obstacles, and win the race!" - Charles Dickens (1812-1870)