[RC] Fit mare - Julienne

>Take her on an endurance ride, and if she acts stupid get off and walk
until she gets the point.

Boy does this work!  I never really figured out what it was until now.  My mare had been acting up at the beginning of rides (LDs and CTRs) before we'd even get to the starting line.  One morning when she was acting "bunchy" I was riding her around in circles and trying to get her to relax when I forgot to take my jacket off.  I got off of her, walked back to the trailer to put my jacket back, and when I got back on her again, she was much more relaxed.  I couldn't figure out why, but the next few rides I tried the same routine again.  In the morning if she'd start to act up as we were warming up, I'd get off and walk her back to the trailer.  It most certainly helps!

Julienne
& Isabella Mari (1/2 paso fino, 1/2 arab mare extraordinaire - quite talented at airs)

Do you Yahoo!?