[RC] [RC] Feeding Questions--Ration Plus - sherman

I looked up Ration Plus and found that it “is a source of microbial fermentation by-products. It does not contain live microorganisms. Ration Plus is derived by culturing Lactobacillus acidophilus in a nutrient media.”

I read that also, but it confused me a bit as I thought culturing meant growing, therefore you'd think it would be living, right?    Or maybe after culturing the lactobacillus acidophilus, it dies before or during packaging? I think that happens with many yogurt products.

Do "live microorganisms" somehow increase a horse's weight or appetite?

Kathy
Grass Valley, CA