Re: [RC] LDs as Endurance - Truman Prevatt

DVeritas@xxxxxxx wrote:
In a message dated 12/6/2004 7:59:28 AM Mountain Standard Time, tprevatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
It just gets down to a matter of respect.   Until that respect is there - what you call it will matter little.
And, in my opinion, it starts with the respect of the individual rider's for their horses...
No argument on that. The one thing I liked about the ROC was it was about the horse. The horse qualified. The horse was accepted for entry. It was the horse's name that went into the program. The rider was someone with the horse along for the ride. That elevation of the horse in recognition made the ride special. Compare that to todays replacement - FEI - where it is all about the rider and the horse is replaceable or expendable.

The AERC NC isn't much better where a few rides can get you there.

If it were all about the horse, none of these food fights would be happening.

Truman

--
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!
--Benjamin Franklin