[RC] Saddle poll results - rides2far

Gee, I was kind of surprised that the margin of English saddle users
was
so small!  We see VERY few western saddles here,

I couldn't answer it since I still can't get on-line (thank you
earthlink)...but I honestly didn't know *how* to answer it. I ride an
Express. The tree is like western, but it looks like a bulky English
Dressage /Australian cross without poleys. We've used it in a dressage
class before. So...I think it makes you ride English, but under Truman's
definition it's western. However, I agree with Truman, I'd say the
majority of riders in the SE ride western type endurance saddles and was
surprised at the number who say English dominates in their area. I think
things like saddle choice tend to be very regional...or even local. If
someone who mentors you uses a particular saddle you tend to choose it.
I've mentored 6 riders locally who have bought OF Express saddles. I
didn't necessarily tell them it's "the" saddle, they just saw it worked
for me and got one themselves. Then I see other clusters of people from
one area who all use the same type as each other.

I rode a jumping saddle when I first started out and had constant lower
back pain from leaning forward to get over my feet. No thank you! If I
had a dressage saddle that perfectly fit my future horse it would be fun
to be firmly on featherweight footing and I wouldn't mind lifting less
weight. :-)

Angie (off to the middle school basketball tournaments)

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!