From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Paddi
Sent: Friday, January 30, 2004 8:22 AM
To: ridecamp
Subject: [RC] Patent law- if it isn't your idea

-----
I am wondering about the patent laws because I received a letter from Dr Cook telling me has patented the bitless bridle and I can no longer sell them in the US. I have been making this bridle since 1997. He did not apply for a patent until 2001 and got it in 2003.
I am trying to find out if he can patend something that has been in use for years
Everytack dealer out there has bitless bridles for sale.
Paddi Sprecher
Canadian Trail House

www.CanadianTack.com
1-866-987-4816 toll free order line
Canadian Distributor for Dixie Midnight No-Sweat Vent Pads
EasyCare Stirrups and Easy Boots
Biothane Tack, Skito Equalizer Pads
Cashel Flymasks
Yacht Braid Horse equipment