Re: [RC] Step-in posts - Becky Rohwer

Don't go too long with out replacing those batteries.  I have all electric fence around my pasture and my horses know what it is to be shocked too.  But this past fall I had the charger turned off for quite awhile.  One day I was bragging to my Mom about how the horses know what it feels like to be shocked and that I could leave the charger off a lot because they don't test it.  The very next day I found my very bold and inquisitive gelding munching on grass on the yard side of the fence.  He just ducked his head under the bottom strand of a two strand electric fence.  Discovered it didn't shock, as it wasn't on and came right on through.  The little bugger.  :-)  I turn it on more often now.  Like every day!  I actually set it on a timer along with the tank heater so it goes on and off at certain times.  I just can't see having both drawing juice 24 hrs a day.

Becky Rohwer - Montana
     Also, too wet, sloppy, cold, and slick to ride, but starting to get the itch.  Hummm, there IS the horse at Wal-Mart here too.  Hummmmm!