From: <Marinera@xxxxxxx>
To: <bobmorris@xxxxxxxx>; <sindymccosker@xxxxxxxxxxx>;
<ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2004 4:13 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] Anyone remember this ride?

I checked my AERC Yearbooks from 1973 on and the ONLY one I am missing is
1977 so I think Bob Morris is correct, there was no Yearbook that year
which is a
shame.  But I think I am correct in saying that the first multi-day ride
sanctioned by the AERC was the Duck's  first XP Ride.  It was very
controversial
at the time and people at that Board Meeting will not have forgotten it.
I'll
check with the Duck to see what year his first multi-day ride was held.

I find it hard to believe that the Board would have sanctioned a multi-day
prize money ride in Nevada in 1977 when they balked at Susan Gibson's Race
of
Champions for many reasons, but one was that she gave expensive
prizes—horse
trailers, trips to England on the QE II, etc.

The 1976 Yearbook lists the Schedule of 1977 rides and does not mention a
multi-day /prize money ride, but that does not necessarily mean that it
could
not have been added at a later date.  I was secretary of AERC then and it
just seems as though I would have heard about it--not denying for a minute
what
Sindy McCosker  read in a 1977 Western Horseman, but wonder if it was
accurate.
  Julie Suhr