[RC] loose dogs - Betsy O'Shea

I have found that the loose dogs are very common at AERC rides. And they are unsupervised, untrained and pee on everything. I belong to other distance riding organizations and they do not seem to have  nearly the loose dog problem.  I think it is because the managers of the non-AERC rides are more forceful in asking the offenders over, and over again to leash or tie their dogs. And the result is a very pleasant ride with no lose dogs. Often dogs in parks must be on leash and those managers enforce that rule, so they won't loose the ability to have the rides in that area.  I know it is a pain to have to spend so much time enforcing the leash rule but it works and I like to attend the rides where I don't have to dog sit my hay and belongs. Are the managers afraid of offending the loose dog folks, too busy or don't care?  There are a lot of things that make a good ride, and the loose dog issue is one of them, IMO.  It is not a minor problem.