[RC] Dogs - funny.... - Laura Hayes

First, I have to say, that I have seen Mel Sherman's Pippin running down the road from the village of Trout Lake to Mel's house in order to get back before she got home from work- glad to hear he has a kennel now...I was worried about him! (Hi Mel!!)

Second, I trained a mule who hated dogs - I think alot of mules do.  When she got out of the trailer in my barnyard, I was surrounded by the typical herd of canines that follow me around (I do Springer and Collie rescue).  I think I had seven that summer.  This poor mule immediately connected me with that group of horrid creatures and I had a heck of a time with her until I figured it out!  I had to be careful when I rode her down our road because if the neighbor dogs came near her, she would try to stomp them!  I was worried I would have to explain the crushed dog to the owners!  I had to lock my dogs in the kennel when I went out to her paddock to feed her or work her.

I travel with my dog - but if he isn't allowed, he stays home.  period.  If there is a leash rule, he is on a leash.  Personally, I would not own a dog who was dog or human aggressive....I ran an SPCA and I saw 20 good dogs a week euthanized because there were no homes.  I have no time for a bad dog....

Laura Hayes  AERC #2741