From: "Ridecamp Guest" <guest-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, January 25, 2004 4:50 PM
Subject: [RC] Dogs in RC

Please Reply to: Mike   mmurrell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am a crew/husband/supporter and sometimes endurance rider and lately I
have noticed an increase in loose, free roaming dogs in ride camp.  Am I the
only one who thinks loose dogs and excited Arabins is not a smart mix? The
ride managers clearly state that dogs have to be on lead but this seems to
just be ignored by almost all with nothing said to them.  I know that the
parties that bring dogs figure that their dogs is used to horses, and their
horses are used to dogs, but not every horse that comes is used to dogs and
all it takes is just one spook to dump a rider, get them hurt and have a
spooked horse running loose tearing out all the electric tape corrals.  This
isn't a real big deal I guess but just an increasing annoyance to me and was
wondering if anyone else has noticed the trend.  Ok - back to lurking.  No
flames please, I really am a dog lover.