[RC] loose dogs in ridecamp - Ed Kilpatrick

hi all, its a clear cut issue to me.  i am one of those people who likes to follow the rules.  i read signs and obey them.  if ride management says no loose dogs, i take them at their word.   sometimes we bring our dogs, sometimes not,  but they are on a leash or in their kennel.  it is common courtesy, and should be expected of us all.
i had the unfortunate experience of being attacked by a pit bull while on horseback.  this happened about 5 years ago, was not in a ridecamp, just  a little pleasure ride a few miles from home.   wouldnt wish it on anybody.    so, err on the side of caution.  keep your dogs on a leash, and under control.  it just makes sense and people will love you for it.     be a rose, not a thorn.        cowboy ed