[RC] Information needed on heart rate monitors for horses - Flowersjpc

If anyone has information on heart rate monitors that can be used on a horse during training and competition I would greatly appreciate any advice or information.  While I am not an endurance rider I work with an eventing trainer as an assistant and frequently share information that I have learned through ride camp.  A gentleman at the barn at which I work is an avid trail rider.  He takes wonderful care of his horse and they both enjoy their time spent working together and time spent on the trail.  We both share an interest in endurance and competitive trail and wish to learn more about helping horses be properly fit for such events.  He is seeking the latest information on heart monitors that can be used while riding.  I informed him that you all may be a good source of information on this subject.
  I enjoy the ridecamp forum very much and hope in the future to attend an Endurance event as a volunteer and learn the ropes.

Thank You for your time,
Julie