[RC] Staying Warm - Anne McBee

I have a wool sweater that I bought at an Army/Navy surplus store. I bought

it extra-extra big and then took it home washed it in hot water and

essentially "felted" it. It is practically impervious to the element,

including wind. In the summer I can wear it when it looks like rain...never

really get wet inside it. In the winter I wear it over aturtel neck and

under another loose jacket. When we got caught in a nasty cold wet rain

this fall, that turned to snow before we got back the full 7 miles, I took

one off the hand warmers (charcoal based), folded the hem of my sweater up

inside of it self and then placed the warmer in the pocket back by my

kidneys..be sure it's not next to your skin. I was soon very warm, hands and

feet included. I think since our blood is constantly circulating thru our

kidneys, placing the warmer there acted as a pre-warmer for the blood

circulating throughout my body. I have done this several times now always

with the same results... nice and warm... prior to finding this trick that

works for me, I always had cold feet no matter what I had tried.

Anne & the horses in MT

Do you Yahoo!?