Re: [RC] Water Loving Horse--Too much - heidi larson

Gosh Karla, next time I see you, you had better have your life vest on!!!! :)

heidi larson

Karla Watson <karlawatson@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I need advice about my water loving boy. He is a youngster (5 yr old) and water is his TOY. When I ride him he will gladly go in water puddles, streams, etc. except he wants to play, "root" around, paw vigorously and always wants to ROLL in it. I have tried a crop when he wants to go down, which is every time he is in water--and he is quick! And I have tried getting off his back and letting him experience the water from the shore. I've tried putting him in the flowing part of the river but that doesn't bother him in the least. But when he gets near water, he goes crazy to get in there and get it on his body. (He should have his own pool to soak and roll in.;-) I don't want this to be a negative experience but 2 times I've been on his back when he has gone down, like I said--very quickly, and i've gotten pretty darn wet! He has also come pretty close to jumping into the water barrels at rides!

------Karla and my "water-loving-boy" Leo/Portland, Oregon

Heidi-aerc#M20935 /\_/\~ http://www.synjinarts.com
~~/~~ \\~~~~ (Wildlife/Western & Equine
| \~~~~~~
| \~~~~

Do you Yahoo!?
The all-new My Yahoo! ? What will yours do?