[RC] cold feet and hands - exxcelco

Since my business has me working 12 hour days during the summer I ride a lot during the winter in western Michigan.  I keep my core warm with a tight fleece vest then a looser fitting fleece jacket then a coat to cut the wind.  I can unlayer as I warm up.  To keep my hands warm I tuck a BIG pair of double layer wool mittens in my vest to keep them warm.  While riding I use those stretchy knit gloves under leather work gloves.  When things get to cold- which I find isn't until we start to cool out- I just remove the leather putting them in the vest and slip my gloved hands in the mittens. When it is wet I keep a second pair of the those little knit gloves in my vest to keep dry.  The winter is a wonderful time to ride I have many of the trails to myself and have seen great wildlife.

Diana

Do you Yahoo!?