RE: [RC] [RC] ? Riding Too Slow - RDCARRIE

In a message dated 11/29/2004 1:03:28 PM Eastern Standard Time, "StephTeeter"
<stephteeter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

It certainly does seem logical - that if you ride slow, you can ride more
often. If you ride fast, you should be more selective and careful.

My thoughts as well.  I have one distance horse, not a whole string.  If I were
to race/ride fast, then I'd have to skip some rides (I want to do as many as I
can), plus there's an increased chance that my horse could be injured by going
fast.  Not that I am against those who race - more power to 'em, and I really
admire those who win or top 10 a 50 *and* take care of their horse.  But many
who do race have multiple horses, and they generally don't race the same horse
all that often.  My regular horse will be 19 next spring.  I want him to last.
Right now I'm riding a friend's horse while she is doing some arena
work/training with my regular horse.  The one I'm riding now will be 6 next
spring, and doesn't need to be going fast.  I want to do as many rides as I
can, and slow 'n steady will get me there.  Yes, I'd love the chance to ride
faster now and then - it's fun, and we sometimes do really fast conditioning
rides just for the pure fun of it.  And I've done a few fast LDs, again, just
for the pure fun of going fast.  But at a 50, I'm going to be the
back-of-the-packer, riding for miles and completion, until I win the lotto and
can acquire several more horses (and hire people to help  condition them).  Of
course, I might need a new husband if horse numbers start increasing too
much...  <G>

Dawn in East Texas
?×?jjb±«®ø?z?Ä?Û«jw5ëa¶Úÿ0zwn­©Üzw­"wè®f­??Ï¢X?È8¬rV¢?êá¶Úÿ
0zwn­©Üzw­ý?yƦ¥+?±ÊâmïÔ?Ë?±Êâmèm¶?ÿÃ?Û«jw?ë®'^q©©þZ ¢v¬¥?xº'?©ÝF'^I§Þ