From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of StephTeeter
Sent: Monday, November 29, 2004 10:03 AM
To: DVeritas@xxxxxxx; ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [RC] Riding Too Slow

Frank - I've never quite understood the 'going to slow is just as bad' thing. The only circumstances that it might apply to would be if the saddle/tack doesn't fit well, and every minute in the saddle contributes to pressure or pain. Or maybe going too slow, for too long, just plain old wearing out the joints or causing enough small stresses to equal one big one. The Trilby's and Les's have pretty much proven that a horse that does slow miles, can usually do a LOT of miles.

It certainly does seem logical - that if you ride slow, you can ride more often. If you ride fast, you should be more selective and careful.

Enjoy the snow :)

Steph