[RC] Turkey Trot Ride - Evelyn Hartman

    I hope you will indulge me for my opinion of this ride. I normally don't comment on rides as I usually don't have a "vested" interest in them except for the sales I get......hope that doesn't sound too crass.....I am always hoping that things go smoothly for who ever is putting on the ride and that everyone and their horses get completions. I love seeing everyone again and always feel like the rides are family reunions when I get to see my client friends.
    This ride, however was different as my friend, Dr. Cynthia Hamberg was putting it on and it was to be her first attempt at doing so. I wanted so much for it to be a success for her as I know it takes a lot of effort to put on one of these for even the most seasoned ride manager. I have known her for 10 years and she has had a special place in my heart for her loyalty and support of me and my business.
    I am in a position to hear all kinds of comments, both good and bad, about the rides when I am there. I can say truthfully that I heard nothing but good comments about this one. Everyone was talking about how "green" everything was, the great bathrooms and showers, how beautiful the trails and the ride itself was. One comment was, "Those trails really made you think about what you were doing rather that just riding them." Everyone seemed very happy to hear that the park has been reserved for next years ride already. Dave B. was a great part of the rides success as he has lived in the area of the ride for many years and was familiar with the trails and gave very good information about them.
    We had taken our motorhome to the park on Thursday afternoon and got  to meet one of the park volunteers. Sorry I can't remember her name but she was really interested in knowing what the ride was about. We saw her again on Saturday morning and she said she was so impressed with all the people in the group, especially with the conditions of the bathrooms, said normally when big groups come in they "trash" the bathrooms and leave them in a mess. Not so this group. Also said everybody's campsite looked great and loved seeing all the horses. So for you that were at this ride your "decorum" was really appreciated.
    The weather conditions were also very good. It didn't start raining till after the awards dinner and all the details had been taken care of. Great timing!
     I was asked about a lost lead rope and a lost set of photos, which I had seen neither. When I told Cindy I had been asked about these I told her since I was there at the Pavilion all the time that she could send questions about both "lost and found" items to me. Later on in the evening I was given two crops and a black, Velcro tube, also a red child's sweatshirt, and a black back brace. If any of these are yours please let me know and we can make arrangements to get them to you.
    Thanks for listening to me. I had a great time at this ride and I hope you did too. Am looking forward to next years ride already. I want to wish all of you Happy Holidays and hopefully I will see you at Terry's Warner Springs Ride in Jan-05
Happy riding,
Evelyn,