[RC] [Endurance Riding: News] Australia: 2007 Tom Quilty Cup - StephTeeter

http://collie.yourguide.com.au/detail.asp?class=sport&subclass=local&category=general%20sport&story_id=351494&y=2004&m=11

Collie to host Tom Quilty
By Adam Orlando - Collie Mail

COLLIE is set to gain international recognition after it was officially named the host of the premier Tom Quilty event in 2007.

Collie beat three other towns to host the endurance riding spectacular, which will be held at the Harris River Estate winery.

"We've got it, we've won the right to host the Tom Quilty in 2007," local endurance rider Debra Ryan said this week.

"This means a lot for Collie, for everyone who has a horse, for small businesses, it's just a huge event."

The coveted endurance riding event, which is held over 24 hours and covers 160 kilometres, is expected to boost tourism in Collie, during what is usually a quiet period, and will help promote the sport to neighbouring towns.
[More ...]

--
Posted by Ridecamp to Endurance Riding: News at 11/18/2004 07:56:37 PM