From: Ridecamp Guest <guest-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 11/26/2004 9:53:57 PM
Subject: [RC]   Sooo... how do you DO this?

Please Reply to: Dana dana@xxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi there -- I'm considering doing Endurance vs./instead of/ in addition
to CTR... Can someone tell me what goes on from start to finish on a 25
mile ride? I've been told that people "blast" by, unannounced  and
completely freak out allot of horses... true? Can you really get off and
walk *forward* with your horse? Been told that all that counts is finishing
the race, that it doesn't matter how you get to the end... true? Do you
guys really permit any/all kinds of horse *containment* such as stalling,
tying, picketing, fencing, etc? Ever anything less than 25 miles? Been told
that "endurance" riders are terribly competitve, cut throat and rude...
true/not true? Why/why not? Do breeds besides Arabs do well? How much $$
does a ride cost? How many hours to do a 25? Etc? Etc? Etc?

Please do tell all, as I haven't the slightest idea what actually goes
on... just have heard "here say" and want the straight info, first hand.

Thanks !!   Dana