[RC] Rear hock injury resolved - Laurie Durgin

Just ot update, my mare is now fine, after the severe lamneness, sweeling onher hock. My daughter came for Thanksgiving (the riding instructor, has a barnful of horses etc..) and said it was the wound that did it. She is no longer lame and the selling was gone 85% by today. Turned her out of the barn afte my daughter said she was fine.
She saw the little scrape, where the swelling had been around-- and thought maybe she'd nicked herself with her front new shoes or some stub in the paddock(we have lots of rocks too). She said a punture wound can cause lots of pain and lamness , horse thinks it is dying...
I had done a Furazone sweat for 3 days (Furazone, with paper towels on it , then cling wrap, then vet wrapped it figure 8 around the hock. Cut hole on hock so it could move. Then duct taped the vet wrap to the upper leg(too keep it from sliding down), Then pillow wrapped the lower leg with a standing bandage and kept her in. I took it off once a day, then hosed the entire leg for 15-20 minutes). Then rewrapped it. Took her temp. never ran a fever.I also gave 1 gram of bute 2 days, then a 1/2, then 1 gram one more day, then quit.Her swelling went down dramatically the second day. I did keep cleaning and scraping the scab off the scrape. The opening was only like 3/8' inch diamenter, but got about twice that size, so it may have gotten to 1/2 inch. But it really isn't deep, nor does it look like anything other than a scrape. But my daughter says it was ....Odd..... But she is better, moving fine, I am putting Nolvasen on it and keeping it open...She acts unconcerned now.... Today the leg looked normal , after letting her out of stall this morning....